Physical activity is a lot more than an energy booster and a stress reliever. It also strengthens your heart muscle, lowers your blood pressure and blood cholesterol, and burns calories.
Choose an Aerobic Activity
Choose a nonstop activity that makes your heart and lungs work harder than they do when you rest or walk normally. This aerobic exercise can improve the way your heart and other muscles use oxygen. Make it fun by exercising with a friend and choosing an activity you enjoy. Here are some ideas:
- Stair climbing
Be Physically Active on a Regular Basis
If you haven’t been physically active regularly, get your healthcare provider’s okay first. Then start slowly. Here are some tips:
- Begin activity 3 times a week for 5–10 minutes at a time.
- When you feel comfortable, add a few minutes each week.
- Build up to 150 minutes of moderate-intensity activity per week. Spread this out throughout the week. For example, you can do 30 minutes of activity each day, 5 days a week.
- Be sure to carry your nitroglycerin or any other necessary medications with you when you are physically active.
- If you get angina during physical activity, stop what you’re doing, take your nitroglycerin, and call your healthcare provider.
Care Conextion non emergency medical transportation in Louisville Kentucky is focused on providing the most comfortable and compassionate wheelchair transportation, medical transportation, handicap transportation, and elderly transportation possible to all of our clients. Our drivers are fully trained to provide the most compassionate care possible. We serve many counties in Kentucky, including Jefferson county, Oldham county, Bullitt county, Henry county, Shelby county, Trimble county, Hardin county, Meade county, Spencer county and more. Please contact us today!